Muscle disorders can be very painful and excruciating for those affected. With tremendous advances in medical science, electronic devices are quickly becoming a daily routine to combat these muscle ailments.
Electrical muscle stimulation or EMS also called neuromuscular electrical stimulation is the process of muscle contraction using an electronic device. You can know more about Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation via Sheldon Chiropractic and Wellness.
The main functions of this device are –
• Causes muscle contraction with the help of electrical stimulation;
• Credit generated with the device;
• Impulses mimic the entire CNS action potential causing muscle contraction;
• Electrical muscle stimulation is physiotherapy combined with electrotherapy;
EMS leads to the adaptation and training of muscle fibers. Several types of fibers are used to treat skeletal muscles or other similar muscle contractions. Each of these types will cause different feelings from one another. Different programs are used for different purposes. Some are used to relieve fatigue; some are used to increase stamina.
Uses of EMS
• Physician training;
• Therapeutic tools;
• Rehabilitation goals in medicine such as prevention of the atrophy of unused muscles • Prevent damage to joints, bones, muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Using EMS is different from using an electric shock to treat pain. However, it is also used by healthcare professionals specifically for aesthetic purposes.
However, EMS is often used in devices such as belts to tighten the abdomen.