Parents often ask what makes a high-quality childcare center, and how do I know I am making the right choices for my child? How do I ensure the center my child is enrolled is in going to provide the very best environment for my child’s wellbeing?
In this post, we will be covering what we believe is represents a high-quality childcare center and the standards required to achieve a high-quality status
Key factors for choosing a high-quality center in Rockdale essential to the well-being of children include:
- Health, safety, and good hygiene
- Safe physical setting and well-maintained environment
- Well-balanced nutritional diet
- A suitable number of highly skilled staff who are sensitive and responsive to children
- Times for active play with an age-appropriate curriculum, especially outdoors
- Opportunities for developing motor, social, language, emotional growth, and cognitive skills through play
- Positive, warm, and responsive interactions with adults, staff, and children
- Respect for diversity and difference, gender equality, and inclusion of children with disabilities
Childcare centers with broad learning and development goals for children that go above and beyond early literacy and numeracy skills to include social, emotional, cultural, artistic, and physical goals are generally agreed to contribute to a high-quality childcare program.
Additionally, allowing children to learn through play and experiencing a wide range of artistic, cultural, educational, social, and physical activities is also highly desirable.